Caution: Aveda All Sensitive Skin Moisturizer is true to its description, it caused all of my body to be Sensitive with an extreme adverse reaction. I will never put this product on my skin, and most certainly NOT my your face!

I am a beauty junkie. I love trying every beauty product on the market, and have tried most of them with no adverse reaction. Recently, I tried Aveda skin care for the first time, and I highly regret it. For the first time in my life, my skin reacted with a severe red, inflamed, itchy rash everywhere I applied the product. The back of the bottle indicates that this can be applied to your face, and I am so thankful I did not put this product on my face!

As a result, I am on a 2 week vacation in extreme discomfort due to applying this moisturizing lotion to my arms and legs. I have issued a formal complaint to the FDA, as I hope no one will have to endure this type of agonizing skin rash.

Additional on line research further supports the abundance of consumer complaints and allergic reactions to Aveda products. The FDA should closely scrutinize All Aveda products. (11/2016)

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any) as the author lost $75. The author is overall dissatisfied with Aveda. The most disappointing about aveda all-sensitive face cream from Aveda was medical reaction and allergic reaction Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Aveda.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Cosmetics and Personal Care category for more informed decision or compare Aveda to other companies on our site.

Comments

InternationalCatfish

Same thing happened to me. There's something in this product that is not safe, as I've never had ANYTHING like this before...I'm 55 and have used lotion from Johnson & Johnson, Avon, Bath & Body Works to Estee Lauder over the years.

I am on day 7 of a horrible reaction to their body lotion--for sensitive skin. My skin is covered in itchy red bumps. If it's not better by Monday, I guess I'm going to have to go get steroids.

The same thing just happened to me. I applied this lotion that was at hotel on Friday.

Within a few hours I developed An inflamed rash that both itches and burns. It is now Thursday and I still have the burning itching rash.

I went to the doctor today and they put me on prednisone and Benadryl. Does anyone know what ingredients are causing these reactions.

The same thing happened to me. 24 hours after applying this to my legs and arms they started to itch.

The itching became relentless and small red bumps appeared on my arms and legs. Now I’m told I have severe allergic contact dermatitis. I’ve never had any product do this before. Thank God I didn’t put this on my face or my daughter.

I’m in such agony and nothing helps. I’m on day 12 of this rash.

to Mellissa #1463386

I had the same exact thing happen to me everywhere I applied the lotion. It first started as itching and then little red bumps formed all over the areas where I applied it.

Now my skin is bright red and stinging.

The itching and rash started about 15-16 hours after application. I just took a Benedryl so I will see what happens.

Andover, Minnesota, United States #1317472

I also have had issues with swollen eye lids. Finally narrowed it down to Aveda products, have tried using it again with same reaction.

to nellie #1459785

Same. I love the smell of Aveda products and have used the hair products for years with generally no issue.

However, after splurging on the hydrating lotion (at the time at least $60 for the bottle) and using it on my face, my eyelids broke out and my eyes were red and weepy. Not yet realizing it was the lotion, I tried it again the next day...same result.

So I had to quit using it. I think it might be the mica.